Saturday, March 20, 2010

Steamfunk

Today Kim and I went to the Super Flea Market, Goodwill and Value Village in Edmonton. The flea market was anything but super. Mostly new tacky dollar store junk. Anything older was grossly overpriced, including a selection of run of the mill pocket watches ranging from $150 - $600. I only saw two or three interesting items but was not willing to pay their prices. I will not be back. I am looking forward to garage sale season!

Our next stop was Value Village. I was looking mainly for old clocks, suspenders and vests. Nada. Picked over. On to Goodwill. Goodwill was a bit better but still not great. It seems like most of the clothes that are in our thrift stores in Edmonton are from the 70's and 80's. Great if you are going for that vintage however not so good for steampunk. Mike Perschon suggested we could start a new movement called Steamfunk,  goggles and afros.I'm pretty sure that to find any good stuff we are going to have to go on a regular basis. Weekly or every two weeks, and not on a Saturday.

1 comment: