Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's This?

I just got back from the Nova Albion Steam Exhibition. As I was waiting my bags to come off belt I was felt as if I was going back into exile. A steampunk in exile. You see, my problem is I have been spoiled. My introduction to steampunk came from the 2009 Seattle SteamCon and the recent Nova Albion SteamX. The steampunk scene in Seattle and San Francisco is pretty mature and by comparison there is not a whole lot happening steampunk-wise in Edmonton. There is a burgeoning steampunk scene in Edmonton but I'm not really a part of it yet. Hence, steampunk in exile. I liked the sound of that so I thought I'd start a blog. I haven't really planned this out, I mostly liked the name. I'll use this space to talk about steampunk mostly but I guess since it's my blog I'll talk about whatever I want. I haven't had much luck with blogs in the past. I...it's...umm...well I'm lazy OK. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment